Saturday, April 29, 2006

And the script is... a Western?!?

Howdy, pardner!

I took a break from my feature script, They Come in Darkness, to work on a short film script. The reason for this was that I talked to an independent filmmaker a few weeks ago and he suggested that if I want to direct my own movies, I should try making my own shorts.

I believe the guy is right, so I decided to do some research. At first I thought that I would have had to make a huge investment, buying equipment. After asking a whole lot of questions, I found out that most of the equipment I may need could be rented. I still want to get my own camera, like the Panasonic DVX100B (aprox. $3,500) a new PC for editing (aprox. $5,000) and Sony Vegas +DVD movie editing software and FXHome EffectsLab software (aprox. $800). With this, I could be able to experiment, and start shooting my own shorts films.

I think that I can try to apply for some grants to be able to get this, and to make a budget for my script. Donations wouldn't be a bad idea either! So if you happen to be a millionaire and have a couple of spare thousands...

The script that I wrote is eight pages long. I'm not going into too much details at the moment, until I can get closer to pre-production. I can, at least, say that it will be a fan film and it is a western. Why a western? Well, it is a setting that you don't get to see that often. It can be a fascinating theme... especially if you add a touch of... wierdness.

OK! I've said enough! I just hope this doesn't get hexed!

See y'all soon, compadres!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home